The Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 represents the pinnacle of firewire audio interfaces. Designed for pro studio and live use, the Pro 40 boasts award wining features and versatile routing capabilities.
Designed in the UK, the Focusrite Pro 40 will take just about anything that is thrown at it. A rugged metal housing holds the huge array of eight Focusrite, award winning pre-amps and its rich collection of input and output options. Connections include ADAT i/o, stereo SPDIF i/o and 2 virtual ‘loopback’ inputs for routing digital audio between software applications. Every channel features phantom power, with the first two channels also featuring -9dB pads for additional headroom. There is also a gain control for each and every one of the 8 preamp input channels. A front panel mounted 5-LED metering show each analogue input level to prevent overdriving and weak signals.
Focusrite's Pro 40 interface has 2 independent headphone buses on the front panel, each with their own level controls. A dedicated stereo monitor mix output features pads for improved sound quality when connected to active monitor speakers whilst an anti-thump circuit protects your monitor speakers from spikes when booting up or shutting down.
Focusrite supply the unique and flexible Saffire Mix Control software with the Saffire Pro 40 interface. The specially designed, software interface controls all your routing, audio levels and mixer controls in 1 screen. Routing of audio between software, different headphone monitor mixes, and latency buffers can all be adjusted for the ultimate audio experience.
Saffire PRO 40 comes with the Focusrite plug-in suite. All-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins provide a significant upgrade from standard sequencer effects, bringing a touch of class to your session. Focusrite’s established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Main features:
- Eight High Quality Award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz Firewire Interface
- JetPLL jitter elimination technology
- Total I/O Count of 20 Inputs and 20 Outputs
- Unique loop-back facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire PRO 40 Control.
- Suite of Focusrite VST/AU plug-ins including Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ.
- Two separate headphone buses with independent level controls
- Saffire PRO 40 Control Zero-latency 18 X 16 DSP Mixer/Router
- Unmatched routing flexibility
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- Weight: 3kg / 6.6Ibs
- Dimensions: 482mm / 19" (W) x 45mm / 1.8" (H) x 265mm /10.4" (D)