The iPad is fast becoming a household device around the world and with music technology constantly getting more mobile and flexible, the iPad has become one of the most powerful and popular, mobile music production products on the market. However, there has never been a proper audio and MIDI interface for those getting involoved in this new era of music production, until now - The Alesis iO Dock is a revolutionary audio and MIDI interface designed specially for iPad.
Music software has always been around and constantly getting updated with newer software titles and upgrades but the iPad device has revolutionised mobile music production. Soft synths, sequencing, controllers and more are now available from 3rd party companies and from the app store that Apple is well known for. The problem is that connecting audio devices has been a pain due to the dedicated connection and hardware required to play with audio and MIDI on a device such as the iPad. The IO dock is a perfect way to record audio into and out of Garage band anywhere, anytime.
- Two combination XLR and 1/4-inch inputs, each with its own gain control and switchable phantom power for condenser microphones
- Guitarists and bassists will appreciate the iO Dock’s guitar-direct switch, enabling them to play, perform and record right into amplifier- and effects-modeling apps
- Bands can connect outputs from their mixer and easily record their performances and rehearsals or use the iO Dock as a metronome or loop-playback device.
- MIDI jacks: Sequence external keyboards, samplers, drum machines and synthesizers, or perform using the iO Dock as the sound module and their favorite MIDI-compliant keyboard, drum pad or other controller.
- Assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input: Allows remote control of any app-defined function such as stop/start or record.
- Mac or PC USB connection: Use the USB port to send MIDI back and forth for creative, new applications of the iPad and computer used in tandem.
- Users can connect the iO Dock’s stereo pair of 1/4-inch main outputs to studio monitors for critical listening, or to PA systems for use in performance settings.
- Monitor on headphones, and independently control the levels of the two outputs, each on its own knob.
- Composite video connector: Enabling users to employ the iO Dock as a source for video projection behind bands on stage, or for connection to most televisions and computer monitors
- Pack Includes: iO Dock docking station for iPad / Power supply /Quick start guide
- Works with iPad version 1 and 2
iPad not included